Is there a minimum length of stay in the mountain cabins?
- Trout Run Cabin Rental generally has a three-night minimum with the exception of the following:
- Independence Day weekend – 4 night minimum
- Thanksgiving Holidays – 5 night minimum
- Christmas Holidays – 5 night minimum
- New Years Holidays – 4 night minimum
What are the steps in renting a mountain cabin?
- Trout Run Cabin accepts online reservations! Simply search the dates you are interested in. If you would like more information, we encourage you to contact us. Feel free to call us at 877-977-5419.
How much is due at the time of booking?
- In order to confirm a reservation we require a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) to charge 50% of the total rental. The second 50% is due the day before check-in, paid by credit card only. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks, money orders, or cashier checks for the second payment.
Do you require a security deposit?
- No security deposit is required. In Lieu of a security deposit, guest is required to purchase a $45.00 accidental damage rental insurance policy for their stay. Guest will be prompted to purchase the accidental rental insurance policy during the reservation process.
Are there any additional fees?
- A reservation fee, which includes a cleaning fee, and 12% taxes will be added to each stay. Also, our rates are based on a party of up to six people. For each additional person that occupies the cabin, there will be a fee of $10 per person per night extra. Children 3 and younger are free.
What are the check-in and check-out times?
- Check in is anytime after 3:00 pm on the day of check-in. Check out is no later than 11:00 am the day of departure.
What is your cancellation policy on renting a cabin?
- If something happens that you must cancel, you must notify us 14 days or more prior to the check in date for a full refund minus a $50 Cancellation Fee. If cancellation is made between 13 and 3 days prior to check in date, you will receive a full refund minus a one nights rent Cancellation Fee. No changes can be made to your reservation within 3 days prior to your arrival. If you must cancel within 3 days prior to your arrival date, no monies will be refunded, and you will be responsible to pay any balances due for your cabin rental. Unfortunately we cannot be responsible for cancellations due to circumstances beyond your or our control.
What about rescheduling the cabin?
- If you need to change the dates of your stay you will be charged a $10 rescheduling fee. However, no rescheduling can be done within the 3 days prior to your arrival.
Are pets allowed in the cabins?
- No. Please be considerate of our non-pet friendly cabin,many of our guests have children with severe allergies who cannot be exposed to pet dander.
Is there an age limit for renting your cabin?
- You must be 25 years or older to rent our cabin. The person who rents the cabin must be a member of the party coming and must remain the entire duration of the stay. There are no exceptions to this rule.
How do I get the Key and Directions to my Cabin?
- Directions will be provided to you approximately 30 days prior to your check-in date once a reservation is made. If your check-in date is within the 30 day window, directions will be provided in short order. Our caretaker will leave a key out for you at the cabin.
What do we need to bring to stay in the North Georgia Mountains?
- All that is necessary to bring is clothing and personal toiletries. Your cabin will be stocked with an initial supply of toilet paper, trash bags, dish washing soap, dishwasher soap and bath soap. The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils. However, it may be a good idea to bring or pick up paper towels, laundry detergent, and coffee filters as these are not always provided. There are a number of major food stores in the area, such as Ingles & Food Lion in Blue Ridge and a Super Walmart in Ellijay. Also, there are many wonderful restaurants in the Fannin/Gilmer County area.
Are all of the roads to the cabin paved?
- No, a short portion of the roadway leading to the cabin is gravel. It is easily accessible, with any normal car, SUV, or truck. Very low profile sports cars are not recommended for cabins with gravel roads.
When can the fireplace be used?
- The fireplace can be used from October 1st to April 30th. The fireplace cannot be used from May 1st to September 30th.
Do you provide firewood?
- An initial supply of about 30 sticks of firewood is provided at the cabin for each renting party to use only in the fireplace. These are for use in the fireplace during the fall and winter months. After the initial supply is used, additional wood is the responsibility of the guest. Absolutely NO fires are permitted outside of the fire pit located in the back yard. The cabin is very close to the woods, and building a fire outside of a designated area is very dangerous and is against the law. No firewood is provided during the spring and summer months of May through September. Firewood for use in the firepit can be purchased from and delivered to the cabin by a local firewood provider. If you would like wood for use in the firepit, we would be happy to take care of that for you for only the cost of the wood. We can have the wood delivered to the cabin, stacked near the firepit and ready for your enjoyment. Just let us know at the time of booking.
Do I have to clean the cabin before check out?
- We do not expect you to clean the cabin, but you will be provided with checkout instructions upon arrival that we ask you to follow to ensure the cabin is left in safe condition. Please treat the cabin as if it were your own.
Where can I buy wine/beer?
- You can purchase beer and wine at the local grocery stores and convenience stores. Several local restaurants also serve beer and wine. Blue Ridge is considered a dry county, and you cannot purchase liquor in this area. Ellijay, however, is 15 miles south of Blue Ridge and does sell liquor.
Do you have a hot tub?
- We do not have a hot tub.
What activities are available nearby?
- You might find that once you get to the cabin, you will want to stay there. Yes, it is that relaxing. However, Blue Ridge is a beautiful area with activities and adventures for all ages. You can simply relax and take in the breathtaking views and vistas, or you can partake in all of the action and adventure Blue Ridge has to offer. Take a nostalgic train ride into Tennessee on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, do some shopping in downtown Blue Ridge, catch a fish in one of our pristine streams or rivers, hike through the Cohutta Wilderness, take a lazy river float down the Toccoa River, battle the rapids while Whitewater Rafting, take a stroll through the woods on horseback, zip through the treetops on a Canopy tour, soar through the sky on a helicopter tour, sip some wine and listen to great live music at a local winery, enjoy a live production at the Blue Ridge Community Theater, or go boating, canoeing, or kayaking! There are endless opportunities for fun and adventure in Blue Ridge, and we would love to share it with you!